Tourism Development Manager
The Tourism Development Manager’s goal is to promote the Tuscaloosa area as a premiere travel destination in order to increase travel related revenues. The Tourism Development Manager will bring together the many tourism related constituencies under the Tuscaloosa Tourism & Sports Commission umbrella to unify efforts to promote tourism. The Manager will be responsible for developing and presenting tourism related educational material to provide informational guidance for all tourism constituents. This position requires occasional travel, weekend, and after hours work. This position reports directly to the Director of Tourism.
- Aid the Director of Tourism in developing strategies and partnerships to drive visitor traffic, specifically targeting the travel and hospitality industry.
- Act as a liaison between the Tuscaloosa Tourism & Sports Commission and all tourism constituents in the Tuscaloosa area.
- Promote and expand overall Tuscaloosa awareness as a premier destination with attractions and city tourism publications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all local tourism service providers in the Tuscaloosa area including but not limited to hoteliers, restaurateurs, and attractions via personal visits.
- Develop and deliver educational and informational training sessions incorporating the marketing and branding plans for the Tuscaloosa area to all local tourism constituents to create a unified effort in attracting and maintaining tourists.
- Create visitor group programs where applicable, which include maintaining relationships with group and hotel contacts.
- Complete and maintain individual hotel profiles, including monthly visitors and sales results, collateral distribution, hotel contact and projections.
- Develop and conduct unique tourism experiences for customers and group events.
- Arrange and conduct FAM and all other type tours with visiting groups and organizations.
- Manage all aspects of the Visitor Center.
- Develop content for web site and publications.
- Maintain visible presence within local tourism community.
- Monitor city tourism statistics, projects and trends.
- Track, analyze and measure return on investment of overall visitor sales.
- Fulfill any additional requests from your supervisors as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, Hospitality, Tourism, or related field is a plus.
- 2-4 years of Marketing experience within the Tourism industry.
- In depth knowledge of tourism and hotel industry within the Tuscaloosa area and strong database of hotel and tourism contacts in Tuscaloosa area preferred.
- Strong communication skills in the capacity of liaison and as a presenter.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and foster industry relationships is a must.
Salary commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, TTSC offers medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, sick and vacation leave, and a cell phone allowance.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to Gina Simpson, President & CEO, at email@example.com no later than July 31, 2014. TTSC is an equal opportunity employer.