10 Late-Night Bites
Do you ever get hungry late at night and feel too tired to cook? Here are a few spots around Tuscaloosa that can satisfy your late-night craving.
1. Whataburger is open 24 hours. You can get a burger or chicken sandwich whenever you desire. They also serve their breakfast menu from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. every day. Also featured on their menu are classic milkshakes and malts if you’re looking for something sweet. You can truly get it all, at any hour.
2. If you’re looking for some Mexican food, look no further than Moe’s. Open until 2 a.m. Wednesday through Saturday and 9 p.m. Sunday through Tuesday. Get yourself a burrito or a bowl made exactly how you want. If you’re looking for a lighter snack you can also order some chips with queso or guacamole.
3. The ever-faithful Waffle House offers southern staples 24/7. From hash browns to patty melts, you can get your filling any way you like. Breakfast and lunch are served all day, every day! Whether it is after a night game or a long day of work, check out your local Waffle House.
4. Little Italy is open until 2 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 3 a.m. Friday through Saturday. If you’re looking for a slice of pizza, a calzone, or maybe some pasta, Little Italy is a great place to satisfy your Italian cravings. It is located right across from the strip in University Town Center. It is just a short walk from the bars or a quick drive from the library.
5. Philly Boyz is open until midnight on Wednesday and 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday. Swing by for a Philly cheesesteak or some pizza fries. They also serve several flavors of frozen wine, making this a great place to cap your night off.
6. A classic here in Tuscaloosa, Quick Grill, is open from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Monday through Saturday and open until midnight on Sunday. You can order their legendary messy fries or classic burgers. However, they also serve amazing veggie burgers as a vegan option.
7. Cookout is another late-night spot open until 3:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 4:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Everything on the menu is reasonably priced but if you’re looking for a good deal, get their cookout tray; served with 1 entrée, 2 sides, and a drink.
8. If you’re looking for a midnight sushi deal, Surin of Thailand offers great deals Thursday through Saturday. The restaurant reopens at 11 p.m. and you can order sushi, crab rangoon, or some teriyaki chicken with rice all for a great price.
9. For a healthier alternative, Pita Pit on the strip is a viable option. With a wide range of choices, you are guaranteed to find what you are craving on the menu. Open until 2 a.m. Monday through Wednesday and 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.
10. If you don’t feel like going out to get anything both Domino’s and Papa John’s deliver late! If you’re a student at The University of Alabama, you’re in luck, both places accept dining dollars as a form of payment. Domino’s is open until 2 a.m. during the week and 3 a.m. on the weekends. Papa Johns is open until 1 a.m. during the week and 2 a.m. on the weekends.
Written By: Alexandra Morrissey