5 Reasons to attend the Soul of America Film Tour at Band of Brothers
Five reasons to attend the Soul of America Film Tour at Band of Brothers.
Acclaimed English Film Maker Nic Askew (Soul Biographies Series) has set out to find and document the ‘Soul of America’ in these divided times. On Wednesday, September 20th he will be live on location at Band of Brothers to tell the story of ‘The Soul of America’ and of how the Human Soul might be witnessed by anyone willing to stand still enough. This film lives in exploration. The event will mix also feature live music from Matt Jones’ new album ‘Redemption’. The event begins at 5:30 and runs until 7:30.
- 1. Film! Have you ever wanted to be in a film or experience the film making process? English Film Maker Nic Askew will be on site filming footage for his upcoming project “The Soul of America.” This could be your opportunity to get on screen as a part of Askew’s experimental film making style and share your thoughts about the division in America. Anyone remotely interested in film and the process of creating a film will enjoy this unique experience.
- Music! Local musician Matt Jones will perform live beginning at 5:30. Jones is a singer/songwriter from Tuscaloosa. He has recorded four albums and is currently touring to promote his latest project, Jones’ website describes his music as “beautifully paints pictures with words through melody over the landscape of his southern roots.” This is a great opportunity experience some of the best local music Tuscaloosa has to offer.
- Food! Local Roots will be on site in their food truck until 8pm. Local Roots offers delicious meals made entirely from locally sourced ingredients. You haven’t experienced Tuscaloosa until you have dined on Local Roots’ Bacon-Egg-Lettuce-Tomato or their Gulf Shrimp Tacos. Their food also pairs well with our next reason to attend…
- The Beer! If you haven’t tried Tuscaloosa’s very own Band of Brother’s craft beer then you are missing out. These guys have perfected the art of brewing and are kind enough to share it with the rest of the world. “Monk on the Radio” and “Voodoo Mild” are two of their best offerings and provide a unique taste of Tuscaloosa.
- All of the above! This is a unique event that showcases the best music, food, beer, and people that Tuscaloosa has to offer. The combination of these elements will create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends that you simply won’t find elsewhere.