Doughnuts and Dingers in Druid City
– The University of Alabama Gymnastics team takes on Kentucky at Coleman Coliseum at 7:15 p.m.
– The University of Alabama Baseball team is taking on Harvard University all weekend long. Friday at 3 p.m. Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
– The University of Alabama Softball team has five games lined up this weekend. On Friday the Crimson Tide takes on the University of Tennessee at Arlington at 4 p.m. and University of Arizona at 6 p.m. On Saturday, Bama plays UT Arlington at 1:30 p.m. and Arizona at 4 p.m. Sunday, the women take on McNeese at 1:30 p.m.
– The 9th Annual Chili Cook-off Fundraiser for East Tuscaloosa Community Soup Bowl is happening at Hargrove Memorial United Methodist Church Family Life Center. Tasting begins at 5:30 p.m. Cooks should prepare a large crockpot of chili and bring to the event by 5 p.m. Free admission! Cooks must pre-register. Everyone is invited to cook or taste or vote. Condiments and drinks provided. Donations are accepted and encouraged.
– Alabama Men’s Basketball takes on the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Cheer on the Crimson Tide stating at 7:30 p.m., after all, it is fan appreciation night.
– Tyler Farr at Druid City Music Hall at 8 p.m. Grab some friends and enjoy some country music
– The 8th Annual Tuscaloosa African Film Festival at Central Highschool 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. The event will feature four acclaimed movies from the African continent and the broader African Diaspora – two feature-length films and two short films. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students with an ID and are available online at Brown Paper Tickets
– Bama Bourbon & Beyond at the Historic Drish House. Sample bourbons and other spirits from the Yellowhammer State and all over the Southeast served for a penny per pour. Enjoy a complimentary cigar, catered hors d ‘oeuvres, a live band, and much more!
– Celebrate Leap Day at the Children’s Hands-on Museum. Spend the extra day with your kids making crafts and competing in leaping challenges.
– The 2nd annual Wheelhouse Crawfish Boil starts around 2 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m. at Wheelhouse Sports Pub. $30 all you can eat, $10 for a single plate, and $5 doubles $10 domestic and Shock Top pitchers.
– The 3rd Annual Millennial Skate night at Super Skate is happening this weekend, with DJ Andy. Make sure you wear neon or white shorts, as they have installed black lights in for the event starting at 7 p.m.
– The Krispy Kreme doughnut challenge is happening this Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Government Plaza. The challenge benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of West Alabama. The challenge is to walk or run a mile, eat a dozen doughnuts and then walk or run one mile to the finish line. Team up with friends or take on the challenge individually, kids can also participate in the challenge too, but don’t worry parents, and they only have to eat three doughnuts. Prizes will be given for the best team theme, best costume, and cash prizes will be given to the winners. Are you up for the challenge? Register here
– Stephanie Kirkland x Sydney Gruber Pop-up Art Show. Join the artists for an afternoon of art, cocktails, and conversation from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. at Session Bar.
– The University of Alabama Women’s Basketball team has their Senior night this Sunday at 12:40 p.m. Make sure you go out and support the Crimson Tide as they take on Missouri.