|Thanksgiving||Christmas Eve||Christmas Day|
|Another Broken Egg||Closed||Open||Closed|
|Archibald & Woodrow’s||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Babe’s Doughnut||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Baumhowers Restaurant||Closed||11 – 4||Closed|
|Brick & Spoon||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Broadway Pizzeria||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Buffalo Phil’s Wings||Closed||TBA||TBA|
|Chuck’s Fish||Carry Out Only||Closed||Closed|
|Depalma’s Italian Cafe||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Dreamland BBQ – Northport||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Dreamland BBQ – Tuscaloosa||Closed||til 3 pm||Closed|
|Druid City Social||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Evangeline’s||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Flavaz Seafood & Soulfood||Closed||Closes at 5 pm||Closed|
|Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers||Closed||Close at 4 pm||Closed|
|Full Moon BBQ||Closed||10 – 3||Closed|
|Half Shell Oyster House||Closed||11 – 8||Closed|
|Heat Pizza Bar||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Heritage House||Closed||Check Social Media||Closed|
|Hokkaido||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Hoo’s Q and Brew||Closed||Check Social Media||Closed|
|Hoo’s Q||Closed||Check Social Media||Closed|
|Jalapeno’s Mexican Grill||Closed||Open Lunch||Closed|
|Jim ‘N Nicks BBQ||Closed||till 3 pm||Closed|
|Just Love Coffee||Closed||Shortened Hours||Closed|
|Legends Bistro||Open||Check back later||Check back later|
|Lookout Rooftop Bar||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Metro Diner||9 – 2||9 – 2||Closed|
|Moe’s Original BBQ||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Monarch Espresso||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Mugshots Grill and Bar||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Peach Pit Bar & Grill||Closed||Check Social Media||Closed|
|Pyro’s Fire Fresh Pizza||Closed||til 2 pm||Closed|
|R Davidson Chophouse||11 – 8||Closed||Closed|
|Raised on Country||Closed||til 4 pm||Closed|
|Rama Jama’s||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Rock N Roll Sushi||Check Website||Check Website||Check Website|
|Ruan Thai Exotic Thai Cuisine Rest.||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Sage Juice Bar||Closed||Open||Closed|
|Sharks Fish and Chicken||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Shoals Bar and Kitchen||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Side-by-Side||Check Website||Check Website||Check Website|
|Southern Ale House||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Surin of Thailand||Closed||Check back later||Closed|
|Sweet Home Food Bar||Closed||Check back later||Check back later|
|Swen Chinese Restaurant||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Taco Mama||Closed||til 4 pm||Closed|
|The Juicy Crab||11 am – 4 pm||Open||11 am – 4 pm|
|The Waysider||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Turbo Coffee||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Twelve25||Check back later||Check back later||Check back later|
|Urban Cookhouse||Closed||Check back later||Closed|
|Veracruz Mexican Grill||Closed||Check back later||Closed|
|VooDoo Wing Company||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Wing Stop||5 pm – 12 am||Closed||Closed|
|World Of Beer||Closed||Check back later||Check back later|
|Zoe’s Kitchen (all locations)||Check Website||Check Website||Check Website|
1. If savory Lamb Chops topped with Blackberry Reduction and a side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes and sautéed Kale sounds like your dream dinner, then you should definitely include Evangeline’s in your T-Town itinerary. As one of the area’s premier restaurants, this divine treasure provides exceptional service for private intimate dinners, social events, and corporate parties. From a small rehearsal dinner to a lavish party for friends and family, Evangeline’s has the atmosphere to create the ideal experience.
2. Do you consider seafood, steak, & sushi three of your main food groups? If so, then Chuck’s is most definitely calling you. Offering a diverse menu in trendy surrounds with a loft & full bar, this local favorite has a well-earned reputation as a T-Town staple. It is also perfect for special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. Crowd favorites include the crab cakes, sushi, scallops, and pizza. With attentive service and an unforgettable dining experience, you’ll always leave this happy and stuffed – and ready to come back again.
3. It would be a disservice to Tuscaloosa cuisine to discuss our incredible local dining without including Central Mesa. Established in 2017 by owner Craig Williams, this local treasure offers a Southern twist on traditional Latin-American dishes. The story of the restaurant is built upon a passion for providing fresh, great-tasting food and cocktails. Every dish is prepared in-house from scratch to ensure quality taste. The heart of the restaurant beats to provide a relaxed atmosphere and sense of community, where people can come and enjoy exceptional food and drink.
4. Ignite the creative in you and experience the Dinah Cultural Arts Center’s current exhibit, Stephanie Kirkland: “Windswept: Abstract Landscapes”. This moving collection of acrylic paintings was inspired during a road trip out West, which included hiking through Glacier, Zion, and Grand Canyon national parks. This week’s gallery hours of 1:00 p.m.to 3:00 p.m. offers the last chance to witness this captivating creation firsthand. Trust us, you don’t want to miss it!
5. Kentuck Art Center offers a unique view into the minds of the endlessly talented local artists all around Tuscaloosa. From handmade, one-of-a-kind jewelry to kitchen pitchers, this gold mine is ideal for a one-stop-shop for holiday gifts. The Kentuck Gallery Shop offers an incredible shopping experience either online or in-person!
6. Fall foliage peak is on the horizon and one of the best places to take in the changing season is the Riverwalk. This first-rate paved trail sits along the southern bank of the Black Warrior River near downtown Tuscaloosa and is suited for both walkers and bikers. Along the 4.5-mile trail, there are a variety of (dog-friendly) park areas, benches, gazebos, and trees for hammocks and picnics. The pathway also provides a playground near the Public Library and a splash pad at the Bama Bell dock for the kids. For nighttime walkers, it is well-lit with street lamps along the way.
7. Get a taste of the (tamer) Tide. Take in the jaw-dropping beauty of UA’s campus in its most unique form: somewhat still and tranquil. Casually absorb the captivating architecture and elaborate landscaping that is so easy to take for granted during the football fan frenzy that accompanies one of the greatest dynasties in college football history. It offers another great place to enjoy the fall colors while viewing landmarks such as the President’s Mansion, Denny Chimes, Bryant-Denny Stadium, and historic Foster Auditorium – where Malone-Hood Plaza and the Autherine Lucy Clock Tower celebrate the spot where the University of Alabama was first integrated.
Black Belt Adventures recently created a weekend tour of Alabama’s Black Belt, showcasing the region’s best eateries, pit stops, and local goods. The Flavors of the Black Belt Adventure of course passes through Tuscaloosa, stopping by some of the city’s best restaurants and unique locations along the way. To see what made the cut and to take your own adventure through Tuscaloosa, follow along with us!
Archibald and Woodrow’s BBQ
Archibald and Woodrow’s BBQ began serving the Tuscaloosa community from a small cinderblock building in 1962. Three generations later, the restaurant is known across the country for serving some of the best barbecue and ribs that the South has to offer. Archibald and Woodrow’s barbecued ribs, pork, and chicken are known for their trademark hickory-smoked flavor, and their house-made sides and sauces complement each item perfectly. If you’re looking for authentic Southern barbecue in Tuscaloosa, give Archibald and Woodrow’s a try!
Avenue Pub has been serving refined pub classics and a variety of craft beers to the Tuscaloosa community since 2014. Dishes like fish and chips and fried green tomato BLTs are made in-house with locally sourced ingredients, creating simple but memorable dishes. Make sure you try one of their local beer options while you’re there! The restaurant’s laid-back atmosphere creates a sense of community with every guest, making Avenue Pub the perfect place to visit for a casual and welcoming dining experience.
In 2017, Central Mesa began serving authentic Latin American food with a Southern twist in downtown Tuscaloosa. From hot chicken tacos inspired by the classic Nashville dish to beer-battered cod tacos that are straight from the Atlantic Ocean, Central Mesa offers one of the city’s most unique menus. The restaurant prides itself on serving fresh and delicious dishes alongside clean cocktails in a laid back atmosphere. If you’re looking for a unique fusion dining experience, Central Mesa is the place to be!
Chuck’s Fish opened in downtown Tuscaloosa in 2006 with the intention of showing off the best seafood that the Gulf of Mexico has to offer. The restaurant is named in honor of UA graduate Chuck Morgan, a civil rights attorney who fought against racial inequality during the peak of the Civil Rights Movement. Along with freshly harvested seafood, Chuck’s Fish also offers naturally-raised beef and an award-winning sushi bar. If you’re looking for a high-quality dining experience with a great atmosphere, look no further than Chuck’s Fish!
Depalma’s is Tuscaloosa’s premier destination for Italian cuisine that is both authentic and delicious. Since 1995, Depalma’s has been serving pastas, pizzas, calzones, and other entrees to locals and visitors alike. They also offer a wide drink selection as well as desserts, including Depalma’s famous white chocolate bread pudding. The restaurant’s cozy atmosphere coupled with its prime location in the heart of downtown Tuscaloosa makes it a must-try during your next visit!
Since 1958, Dreamland BBQ has been serving hickory-fired ribs and other barbecued favorites to the Tuscaloosa area. Over the years, Dreamland has become one of the most celebrated barbeque restaurants in the South. While they’re known for their iconic ribs, white bread, and sauce combination, Dreamland also serves barbeque sandwiches, smoked sausages, half chickens, and more! Check their online menu for availability at each location, and keep Dreamland in mind the next time you’re craving barbeque!
Located on the banks of the Black Warrior River, River is Tuscaloosa’s top destination for urban dining with beautiful views. Since 2016, River has been serving tender steaks, savory flatbreads, specialty oysters, and more to the Tuscaloosa community. River prides itself on its great food and personal service, and its spacious dining terrace makes the perfect backdrop for a refined dining experience. If you’re looking for fine dining with beautiful riverfront views, choose River!
Along the Way
Besides some of the best dining in the South, Tuscaloosa also has some great sights and spots to visit! The Alabama Museum of Natural History has been celebrating the state’s natural history through exhibits, teaching programs, and service for over 150 years. While on The University of Alabama’s campus, stop by the Paul W. “Bear” Bryant Museum to learn more about the campus’s famous football history. See some of the program’s most memorable moments displayed through state-of-the-art exhibits. To satisfy your artsy side, visit the Kentuck Art Center to learn more about the creativity of the Tuscaloosa community or enjoy one of their year-round programs. Round off your tour around Tuscaloosa with a drink at Black Warrior Brewing Company, which offers a large variety of craft beers and wines that are made in-house.
Black Belt Adventures’ many trails focus on the food, drinks, stays, and sights you’ll encounter on your trip, and shopping lists tell what local goodies you’ll want to pick up along the way. While on your adventure, make sure to enter Black Belt Adventures’ Feed Your Adventure Photo Contest! Simply snap a photo along one of their trails and upload your photo to their website. More information can be found on their website’s Flavors Photo Contest page. View the full brochure here and happy trails!