What to Expect at the Family-Friendly 12th Annual Druid City Arts Festival
After a one-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the time has finally come. The Druid City Arts Festival, presented by Cadence Bank, is returning tomorrow from 5 – 10 pm and Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm!
This 12th annual community event allows guests to explore and shop one-of-a-kind art from over 70 visual artists while enjoying the outdoors on a Tuscaloosa spring day at our lovely Government Plaza! While there, you can enjoy lunch, a snack, or a cold treat from one of your favorite local food trucks, too. Our friends from Buffalo Rock will be there with Pepsi products, too.
Showcasing some of Tuscaloosa’s musicians, guests will be able to watch performances from artists including Drum Nation and Alabama Blues Project! Click here to take a look at the full Stage Schedule, presented by Mercedes-Benz.
And, last but not least, one of the great things about this festival is that there are so many engaging activities for adults and children alike. Below we have compiled some of the fun kid-friendly activities that will be available at DCAF this year! We must give a special thanks to our friends at McAbee Construction for their sponsorship of the DCAF Kids Zone.
- Coloring stations where kids can let their creativity lead the way
- Hands-on soap-making with Left Hand Soap
- Engaging inflatable games for the younger kiddos
- Airbrush face painting
- Interactive Tuscaloosa mural project
- Booth tube photo mosaic
- Interactive quilting demos by the Quilter’s Guild, presented by Shelton State Community College
- The Art Garage’s Interactive Activity
- Spin Art
- Make friends with Metro Animal Shelter’s furry friends with their on-site RV
- Enjoy watching a one-of-a-kind DCAF t-shirt be made with an on-site screen-printing vendor (shirts do cost)