Wine, Dine, and Valentine’s
- Jon Langston’s Bird Dog Tour is stopping in Tuscaloosa this weekend! Langston will be performing at Druid City Music Hall at 8 p.m. Don’t miss the chance to see this country musician live, you can get tickets here.
- There is a speed dating fundraiser for singles 25 and over at LynCar Events, and Designs starting at 8 p.m. Meet, chat, and find your match on Valentine’s Day. The event includes hors d ‘oeuvres, wine, and desserts. Proceeds raised will fund scholarships for Rolling into Success, Inc.
- The Alabama Gymnastics takes on Arkansas at 5:45 p.m. The theme is 80’s night, so be sure to dress for the occasion. The gymnastics team is also doing a sweatband, fanny pack, and t-shirt giveaway.
- The Alabama Men’s Basketball team takes on LSU at Coleman Coliseum at 4 p.m. Cheer on the Crimson Tide as they take on the number two team in the SEC.
- The Brook and Bluff, Nashville-based band will be performing at Druid City Music Hall at 8 p.m. This band has quickly become recognized for its evocative blend of vocal harmony, soulful air, and groovitational pull. Get your tickets here.
- Monarch Espresso Bar is hosting a coffee tasting lab from 3 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. Taste different kinds of coffee and learn how to identify different flavor notes, so you can know exactly what type of coffee you like.
- ‘Reach for the Stars’ is happening all day at the Children’s Hands-on Museum. Kids can enjoy planetarium shows, space crafts, and an asteroid launch.
- Mary’s Cakes and Pastries is having a Cookie Throwdown with the theme “Where the Wild Things Are.” The book, “Where the Wild Things Are” will be read at 1:15 p.m., baking and decorating cookies begins at 1:30 p.m., and judging will start at 2:45. There will be winners in various age categories from “5 and under” to “adult.” The first cookie is free to decorate, but if you want more to practice on, they are $1 each.
- The University of Alabama Theatre and Dance presents Mr. Universe this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Allen Bales Theatre. This play allows the audience to ask the difficult questions about truth and lies, perspective and perception, and the character’s mysterious motivations. This play takes place in New Orleans with a drag queen and a bloody stranger after a wild night.
- The play, Inherit the Wind, is happening Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Theatre Tuscaloosa. This play I based on the events of the Scopes Monkey Trials, Inherit the Wind pits two lawyers against one another as the state prosecutes a teacher for discussing the theory of evolution in the classroom.
- Urine Town is performing at ACT studio theatre this Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. This play demonstrates what it could be like in 20 years when there is a water shortage. Find out if people follow the laws or revolt against them.