CategoriesPlay / Uniquely Local
This park was the site of the Alabama Capitol when Tuscaloosa was the seat of state government from 1826-1846. In 1847 the capitol was moved to Montgomery, and the building became the home of the Alabama Central Female College. A visible reminder of the old capitol building that burned in 1923 is the stone foundation and two small columns.
2828 6th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 Get Directions